Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
On Friday I got my Jetta chipped with APR 93, it has transformed from a peppy family car to a quick family car. It is really quite fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Amoan posted:

Wiper and GTI badge removal. Not sure if I want the VR6 to go yet!!

Serious question: Why remove the rear wiper? I had one of these and that back window turns to grime city driving in the rain.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Amoan posted:

The motor was trashed and I wash it once a week

Makes sense, also noticed the Texas plates, here in Montreal there's 6 months of the year where salt coats absolutely everything and you go through a tank of washer fluid every 2 weeks. Oh to live somewhere dry and warm.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

~Coxy posted:

Me too. Even with a reversing camera (and RainX), having no rear wiper makes it hard to reverse in wet conditions.

If it was an optional extra I'd pay whatever unreasonable price that Ford would assumedly want for it.

They'd probably make it only available in some package with a bunch of stupid bullshit you don't want for an extra $1,300

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

KozmoNaut posted:

Wheel bolt nightmare poo poo

I had the same thing happen when I swapped my summer wheels on my e30 years ago, it was my first car with alloy wheels and I had no clue to re-torque them after a few days.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
Is that just kind of...sitting there?

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Geoj posted:

As long as you don't live downwind from some heavy industrial area with horrendous air pollution/acid rain its pretty much as close as you can get to rinsing your car with distilled water without resorting to extreme measures (like buying gallons of distilled for rinsing or hooking up a RO system for your rinse water.)

My parents have a ground well that goes through UV light filter then a particulate filter and I have never in my life had a better rinse in my life as when I've washed my car at their house.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
I installed a 22 year old CD player in my 25 year old car and kissed my 10 year old dog on the forehead for helping.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

STR posted:

That's a good doggo.

That CD player looks pretty decent in there. I'm assuming the rest of the dash lighting is a similar color?

Yep, wanted something a bit less trash than the stock becker tape deck but wanted to maintain the black and orange theme. Every modern single din stereo was either hideous or lacking in inputs/outputs (like the Continental ones popular in older german cars)

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
Fun fact: diffuser splitter aero stuff is fun and cool until you live somewhere that has the worst frost heaving asphalt on the planet. Bump at the bottom of a hill in comfort mode made a fun noise.

Spent about an hour in a ditch looking for little pieces of black plastic.

Then used up about 3 years worth of brain cells and a pile of fiberglass.

And here we have "Good enough"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
Put some spacers on to flush everything up. Anticipating more stone chips but I'm also an idiot and would rather it look chunky.