Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I managed to track down and fix the vacuum leak on my '91 Celica GT-Four so I've now gained about 5psi of boost and I'm no longer treated to a loud hissing sound from under the bonnet when I step on the accelerator.

Now I just have to see if theres anywhere in this stupid town that stocks parts for my car (I'll bet there isn't) so I can get a new valve cover gasket. However thats not in any real rush to get done just yet.

Tomorrow I will hopefully get started on ripping apart the engine on my '92 civic to see if its worth saving or if I should just sell it to the wreckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I got new wheels and tyres for my car today. It now looks a hell of a lot better than it used to.

Unfotunately they are pretty cheap wheels but they were the only white wheels I could find that would fit on the car. Availability of things is one of the downsides to living in a country town.

Heres a picture with the old wheels for reference

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I got my car back from the repairers earlier in the week so I spent a total of about 6 hours over the weekend giving it a proper clean. It almost looks brand new now except for all the rock chips in the paint work.

Before:

After:

Now you can barely even see a difference between the old and new paint. I'm honestly rather amazed that 19 year old red paint has come up so well.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I jacked the MR2 up so I could check out the suspension and see if it was in need of new bushings and proceeded to almost have a heart attack when I saw the tyres.

Yeah, that doesn't look so good.

Needless to say I'm getting new tyres and not driving it for the moment.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I spent the weekend replacing the springs and shocks on my Celica GT-Four. Still have more to do as I discovered that the bumpstops pretty much don't exist anymore and that I don't have anything that will get the gland nut off the front struts. I got the rears done though (I have to pull them out again when the new bumpstops get here though) so I feel like I've accomplished something.

The old springs were the originals and they had sagged so much that the car will probably actually be raised slightly once I put in the eibach lowering springs I have.

Before: springs probably shouldn't do this

After: my god, it touches the top mount now

And here's the struts I removed

After seeing what I pulled off the car should feel so much better now.