Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MythObstacleIV
Oct 27, 2007

640509-040147

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

The only experience I have during the production is running crew. You have alot of downtime. Being backstage at a show is about a pretty even mix of awesome and boring (and terrifying, when two chairs legs decide to fall off when an actor sits down), but it's a bit disappointing knowing that you never actually get to see your show without looking through curtains that blur everything (our dress rehearsals are private high school shows).

Surely there must be a techie or two on SA.

Yeah, I've been a stage hand for nine shows. I've also been stage manager for four shows and have designed two sets, plus built most of the sets and just done a lot of carpentry in general for the various shows. Being a stagehand can be boring at times, but nothing beats the thrill of running on the stage in the dark to move things around. Being a stage manager or even just head crew chief is a lot more exciting, because you are in charge of knowing what everyone else has to do at a specific time and making sure it gets done.

I also designed posters for several of the shows we did, they used them for program covers too. I enjoy being a techie, I'd like to get into doing lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread