Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the yellow dog
Dec 27, 2007

It never did anything, it just stood there, being small and yellow...I couldn't pass if The Yellow Dog was there.

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

I'll get that question out of the way then: how the christ do you learn improv? Because it certainly isn't that Spolin book.

Also throwing another one out to the thread, what about graduate schools? As much as I'd like to think that my empty portfolio is Yale School of Drama material, I'm going to hedge my bets on some little school that will give me tons of money. It worked as an undergrad.

Well YSD is free 2nd and 3rd year plus a stipend (about $350 every 2 weeks) and usually about 150 hours of assigned work-study at $13/hr. My first year I only had about $7000 in loans, and after that everything was grant money.

If you're a visual designer, give it a shot because Ming Cho Lee is only going to be around for another 5 years or so. The TD&P program is pretty rad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yellow dog
Dec 27, 2007

It never did anything, it just stood there, being small and yellow...I couldn't pass if The Yellow Dog was there.

Buggerlugs posted:

On a non-musical note (see what I did there?), does anyone know of a decent play (full length) that would accomodate a mostly (as in only one guy) female cast, and isn't called Steel Magnolias?

a lot of Mac Wellman stuff can be cast gender-blind or is mainly female, if you've got the physical space to move the audience around Fefu and Her Friends is an entirely female cast, it could be cool to do a kind of reverse Shakespeare thing with an all-female cast instead of an all-male one, [No Exit] is one of my favorite Sartre plays which could be 1 man and 3 women (the valet is not really a gender-specific role), with a woman playing Apollo you could do The Eumenides (how many people depends on the size of the chorus, any role doubling, etc etc), you could triple-cast one guy as Creon Jason and Ageus and do Medea maybe.

• Locked thread