Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Geekboy posted:

I took 12 years off from doing theater for various reasons and got sucked back in last year. I ended up playing Charlie Brown in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown for my community theater, got talked into getting on the board for the group, and am directing Little Shop of Horrors for them this summer.
I probably don't have to tell you this, but make sure you have your prop situation for LSOH nailed down as early as possible. The guy who directed ours rented a set of plants sight unseen which turned out to be broken, unusable trash. We were still gluing pieces onto the rebuilt props a half hour before curtain, and the show just barely escaped being a complete clusterfuck on all counts.

It wound up being fun anyway. I'm one of the few people, I think, to simultaneously work the puppet and perform vocals for the Plant. There are many good reasons not to do this, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Just give me better puppets next time, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread