Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
We have lost an actor.

Literally. Cannot find him anywhere.

His cell isn't working, he's not answering emails, we left a message with whoever answered his home phone number but have not heard back, we even went to his work and they said they haven't seen him in a month.

I'd be worried and panicked if he also hadn't been skipping most rehearsals anyway. So instead I'm relived as now I don't have to ask him to leave the production myself, and still panicked as we open on Christmas Eve and need to find an actor to replace the guy.

So that's been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Director bailed due to a death in the family. Producer has heart surgery for a pace maker right before we open. The set foremen didn't tell us he hosed off until we checked on the sets and found none of them built or painted. The props master had to replace the actor we couldn't find. Oh and another actor was hospitalized and needs to be replaced.

I'd find this hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that I'm the stage manager so instead I'm finding it all falling at my feet and I'm expected to pick up the pieces and try to get this show up and running.

We open in less than 10 days.

:shepicide:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I may be exaggerating a bit for comedic effect, it's not like I have no idea what I'm doing. :v:

This is just December in a nutshell, not an "all at once" thing, looking back on it there's an amazing amount of poo poo that's gone wrong in just two weeks, the cherry on top happening after I bought a ticket to The Hobbit and one minute later getting the call that the director is dropping out and I'm now in charge of everything. Still watched the movie, was pretty good, need to look up how to do that Smaug voice cause that would be perfect in our show.

Burger Crime posted:

Just focus on the basics if you are that far into the process.

What show is it? Can you show location with lighting rather than set?

Show is Aladdin. Kinda need sets. We got them mostly "built" (oh the sins against the art of carpentry we needed to commit) and spend all yesterday laying down the base coats of paint, outside, in the snow, using hairdryers to get everything to dry so we could paint on the other colours. (we didn't)

We have the basics like blocking and lines down, so the actors are fine and know what to do, the chorus still need work but there's no more time so we're just hoping nobody falls off the stage again this year.

bunnielab posted:

Write in a children's choir in the first act to get grandparents in the seats then add a nude scene in the second act to bring the perv crowd in. At least then you will make some money.

Children's choir is already in the show. Nude scene is in the first act, set to "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. Seriously.

Actually, from the number of tickets we've already sold, we're in the green, and are expecting walk-in numbers to be ever bigger so we're really in the green. Ticket numbers are not even something I have to worry about.

Making sure we have a set is, like, 90% of what I'm worried about, the rest is odds and ends like "Where are our props?" and "What time do I have to meet with the technical director to discuss plans I only half know?" and such. I'm not even worried yet. My chorus choreographer phoned from the hospital this morning and said she had to drop out and I barely even blinked, that's how not worried I am.

• Locked thread