Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Keep close the words of Syadasti: 'TIS AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO MINDS. And remember that there is no tyranny in the State of Confusion. For further information, consult your pineal gland.

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

There's a playwriting thread, but that's all I've seen. I always thought a theatre thread was amiss at SA.

Am I having a brain fart or is there no longer a playwriting thread? Looking to post a short play soonish because I cannot get people I know to give me harsh criticism on that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Keep close the words of Syadasti: 'TIS AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO MINDS. And remember that there is no tyranny in the State of Confusion. For further information, consult your pineal gland.
What size cast? Ages? Genders?

loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Darkoni posted:

It's at college so I really have no clue what the cast will be like until auditions next semester. Size wise though, in the past we've done small cast dramas with 3-6 people, stuff like Neil Labute. With monologue shows we do about 8 people like Blown Sideways Through Life and The Reindeer Monologues.

Brokenville by Phillip Ridley

Bones by Peter Straughen (all male cast but has been performed - hilariously - with all female casts as well)

I also know an award-winning semipro playwright who does small cast dramas for young people, in which case you'd probably be able to get something royalty-free that your group had never seen before.

In particular her plays Who Killed Lauren Swift' - a drama about young people, violence and regret - and The Slick and the Dead, an amazing tragicomedy about 20-something bank robbers who watch too many movies and think they're 'sticking it to the man'. They're 4 and 6 actors respectively iirc and great fun to act in and direct.

loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Darkoni posted:

Thank you so much everyone. I'll check them out right away.

You won't be able to find the last two I mentioned online but if you're interested I can put you in contact with the playwright.

ETA: You can find Lauren Swift on the Debut festival by googling it. Just not The Slick and the Dead, which was actually my favourite of the two.

loki k zen fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 9, 2014

• Locked thread