Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I SAID LISTEN
Jan 10, 2007
I don't *do* up.
I'm trying to stock up on some books for when I do some house-sitting in a month. I've already got some fiction picked out (mainly from the Hall of Fame thread) so right now I'm looking for some relatively light non-fiction, preferably something science, history, and/or political science related.

Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I SAID LISTEN
Jan 10, 2007
I don't *do* up.
I just finished my stack of reading from the summer, so now I need more. It was mainly stuff from another recommendation thread (I think, I can't really remember) but among it it was Snow Crash, Neuromancer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? If there's any more along the same lines that someone could recommend that'd be great.

I'd also be interested in some more science non-fiction. I read Demon-Haunted World so I'm looking at getting Cosmos or Pale Blue Dot or possibly both, but I'd also like some recommendations so I can check out some other authors. For instance, where's a good spot to start with Richard Dawkins?

Lastly, I want to start reading some comedy. I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I'm pretty open. I have a pretty dry, sarcastic sense of humor if that helps any.