Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.

Timelord posted:

This poster wants the exact kind of books I am looking for, I did not see a response to him. Are there any books/authors of this nature that we would enjoy?

These may or may not be what you are looking for, but these are great books anyway...

Some more psychological/Literal horror:
By Peter Straub:
Ghost Story
Koko

By Shirley Jackson:
The Haunting of Hill House
We Have Always Lived in the Castle

By Henry James:
The Turn of the Screw

By Joyce Carol Oates:
The Collector of Hearts: New Tales of the Grotesque (shorts)

By Richard Matheson:
Hell House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.

Eight Is Legend posted:

Also, what are some good books taking place in Japan (pretty broad, but I dunno what I'm looking for, maybe some horror or whatever)?

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Murakami gets thrown around a lot as a recommendation. Personally, I loving hated it, but I'll sell you my copy for a dollar or something. It's sitting in a stack of books to get tossed at the moment.

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

Eight Is Legend posted:

Sure, throw it my way - email me at christian dot otte at gmail dot com.

The rest of you, thanks for the recommendations!

Email sent. Sorry colonelsandy.