Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007
Alright, a cherries jubilee and that's it.
I recently began reading "Mind Wide Open: The Neuroscience of Everyday Life" and have find it to be an extremely enjoyable read. I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions of some similar material I could get my hands on.

Neuroscience, perception, and internal reflection of oneself (the science of why/how we do it, not a novel about learning about yourself/coming of age) are mostly what interests me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007

Wiley360 posted:

Can anyone recommend a good book that overviews the life of Nikola Tesla and his work? I'm looking for something that is well written and informative and doesn't go off into "Tesla's doomsday weapon" theories, if you know what I'm talking about.

Ooooo seconding this!

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007

Enentol posted:

WOW! Thanks for the super awesome recommendations. You totally helped me out there.

Thanks a million.

It's exactly what I was looking for! :allears:

Why do some people get so drat offended by comments? You look like a loving 12 year old responding like that to him.

(Yea I know I'm pretty much doing the same, but sweet jesus just let it go and wait for a better response.)

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007

gameday posted:

There have been some fantastic recommendations in this thread so far, and I want to thank all the goons who have contributed. Now I have a request:

I'm looking for some good books about India. I think I'd prefer non-fiction, but if there are some especially great novels I will look at those, too. Anything you guys have read that just had you rapt the entire time?

Start like 5-6 pages back and read until you hit the suggestions about Indian lit and authors, it continues for a solid page or so.