Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there such a thing as contemporary military/espionage fiction that isn't incredibly cringe-y and right wing-y?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there such a thing as a cookbook that doesn't have food

Like, what would leftwing military or espionage fiction even look like?

I don't know. Something where the punchline isn't goody two shoe godlike Americans saving the day from those gosh darn Muslims. In my head I'm thinking of something that's a more elevated Tom Clancy. Chris Ryan books come to mind as well, I guess?

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

Olen Steinhauer

Ohhh man. The Yalta Boulevard is the good stuff.

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just finished the Annihilation trilogy and I’m looking for something similar to that. I guess I’m looking for “anomalous zone” sci-fi, similar to Roadside Picnic or the STALKER series of games.