Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornholio107
Jun 28, 2008
I am looking for a book that deals with the theme of growing up. I'm talking about this awkward phase of the transition from the teenager self to becoming an adult. I've read The Catcher in the Rye(pretty good), The Perks of being a Wallflower(maybe I'm too old for this one)and On the Road (an amazing read) that all kind of deal with this theme. Anyone got any recommendations that helped them clear up some confusion in this weird stage of life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornholio107
Jun 28, 2008

Merou posted:

I don't really know what genre what I'm looking for falls under. Its sort of introspective and hosed up. I'm looking for books similar to The Elementary Particles by Michel Houellebecq, or The Stranger by Albert Camus, or to an extent American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

I've only seen the American Psycho movie so I'm hoping the movie holds close to the books plot, but in seeing the movie I was reminded a lot of Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky. It also has those existentialist themes that are in The Stranger.

Cornholio107 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 23, 2009