Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I'm looking for some more minimalist fiction or something that reads rather quickly while still managing to be somewhat "literary." I went on a Bret Easton Ellis binge but slowed down at The Informers as it read too much like Less Than Zero and figured I need to try someone new (or old, however you want to look at it).

Also, The Stranger may very well be one of my favorites of all time (sorry if that's cliche) although I'm not what else of Camus' to tackle next. I got through The Plague but was left a bit disappointed. I tried reading The Fall a few years ago but really couldn't get into it. Any suggestions? Anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

KevinHeaven posted:

I'm looking for a book similar to Bret Easton Ellis' Less Than Zero aside from Bright Lights, Big City.

I believe that BEE cited Play It as It Lays as one of his major influences for Less Than Zero. I'd recommend The Informers, although you may be trying to branch out towards different authors. What I've read so far is similar to Less Than Zero, yet I don't feel it's nearly as good.