Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Slugworth posted:

Building on that, if I loved the Southern Reach trilogy but think the premise of Borne sounds incredibly dumb, might I still enjoy Borne? I really wanna read more of his stuff, but none of it sounds particularly interesting to me.

i enjoyed it, though admittedly the setting is more campy than it is mysterious in comparison to the southern reach trilogy. regardless, the central relationship is well realized emotionally and the way he humanizes a non-human character feels authentic and interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

tuyop posted:

American Elsewhere is a really great spin on this sub genre.

Started reading this, I'm enjoying it a lot. Also as someone who uses the word very a lot and has been brow beaten over it, it's nice to see an author use it to good effect