Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

UnbearablyBlight posted:

Throw her into the deep end with Godel Escher Bach. I’m half joking but also I think if I’d read that book when I was in school I would have been way more into math.

I'd heartily second that recommendation. I've read it at least a half dozen times, when I was younger I mostly read the story sections and as I got older read more of the actual stuff they were about. I also remember that I liked The Number Devil as a youth as was recommended above.

I've recently gotten back into reading a lot more now I've unearthed my eReader. Most of what I read tends to be sci-fi, and lately I'm really craving sci-fi that specifically has novel treatments of genders, sexualities and relationship structures. I've got several excellent anthologies on those themes, I loved Left Hand of Darkness and I was recently started back on my bullshit with reading the middle section of The Gods Themselves. Any recommendations that might have flown under the radar?

woke kaczynski fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU