Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Radio Talmudist posted:

How is Agatha Christie? Is she actually a good mystery writer?

I got into Christie through watching the Poirot series with David Suchet, and read most every title I could get in the library. I found nearly everything entertaining enough to recommend, but it's mainly because her character interaction amuses me more than the mysteries themselves. Poirot is quite funny, although you may want to stay away from The Big Four where he turns into bizarro James Bond.

She wrote some standalone mystery novels that are excellent, and you should perhaps start with these two:
And Then There Were None - a bunch of people end up stranded on an island and vanish one by one.
Endless Night - guy builds a house, bad things happen.

I loved them, and there's a wonderful classic air hanging about. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU