Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Ooo, just found this thread. Fun!

I am currently working on this:
German Rescue Helicopter

I haven't made any proper Airfix/Revell stuff for years, so it has been fun not getting gluey finger prints on the windows this time :)

The hull so far.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Crappy pic taken through the window to prove that I did bother to paint everything that you can't see!

Wish I had a picture of the desk in the back, took ages to do and I can't even see it now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Done more on my helicopter :)

Main body is getting there, have just perched the rota blades on the top, but you get the idea.

Next step, poo poo loads of tiny handles and transfers! Woo!

The main problem I'm having is that it looks as though the moulds for the pieces are a little off/worn out as I'm having to do a lot of cutting and sanding.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

So after completeing my Revell helicopter a while ago, I wanted more airfixy goodness!

After making this:

I have decided on a new project to keep me occupied for the next however long.

I am going to make a further 8 of them, mount them in a frame like this (but canopy facing out):

With coloured cotton wool for the smoke.

Going to hang it on my wall when its done.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Granite Octopus posted:

I was thinking exactly this. Would make it really come to life. Good job with the rest of it though. The joins and everything look good :)

I shall have a look into this, bit nervous about ruining it though!

Also, I meant to ask, does anyone have a good way of getting rid of the joins in plastic kit models?

Filler and sand it down? If so, and UK goons know a good source of this?