Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buffalo
Dec 4, 2008
Any 1/700 ship modellers here? I used to build model cars, tanks, and some planes when I was younger but recently got started on 1/700 WW2 ships during the summer.

I have not tried using photo etch yet because a lot the kits cost as much as the model itself. So far I've built and painted an IJN Shikinami(SP?) destroyer, IJN Suzuya aircraft cruiser, IJN Kinu light cruiser, and the HMS Ark Royal carrier OOB (The kit was so terrible I couldn't justify painting it)

Thinking of building a Z-Class german destroyer or the HMS Rodney battleship next.

I would post some pictures but I cannot find the PC cord for my camera phone, maybe when I find it. So does anyone else have interest in these that would care to share some tips and ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU