Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Haaahaa gd there’s so much talent and patience in here it makes my brain hurt.

Meanwhile, I am currently suffering a fascination with RC helicopters and I don’t care for the fuselages.

But scale helicopter fuselages are either 1/expensive 2/made for large helicopters or both of these things.
I’m on the lowest tier of violently throwing money into the dirt and my helicopter(s) are tiny. (Blades are 110mm on this particular helicopter). After breaking the tail boom and using a bbq skewer to replace it, I realized I could do whatever I wanted lol.

So, I did what anyone else would do, off to Wikipedia! With Wagner in the back of my mind I printed out the orthographic drawing for UH-1 at 170% and glued it to some eps insulation.

It was stellar foam and very easy to shape

Polyurethane, then PVA papier-mâché

Now I’ll just cut it open and

Dangit styrofoam

Solution:Acetone

A little more PVA action

Only got 2.5 flights so never painted it
Turn up the sound loud Haahaahaa

Fun fact, all this happened over the course of like a day and a half, hard to believe with this level of precision ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol I have joined the RC club, see some of those giant giant airplanes on CL, will probably have some hijinks there.
Meanwhile, the helicopter fuselage thing still draws me.