Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Powdered Toast Man posted:

I got my compressor with my favorite hook up for otherwise expensive items: Hobby Lobby, if there is one near you, frequently puts out a 40% off coupon that is good for anything in the store. That's a big savings on a $120 airbrush compressor!

Thanks for the tip! Here is the link to next week's coupon:

http://hobbylobby.com/assets/dynamic/_weekly.coupon/2009_51_coupon.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Does anyone have any experience with the compressors avliable at Hobby Lobby? I'm gonna go buy one with that 40% off coupon.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Midjack posted:

Testors also sells small (~2 oz) bottles of clear brush on cement that works really well too.

This stuff is the poo poo buy it in quantity if you can.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

big_g posted:

Well I've just found this thread also. Tucked away ain't it?

I recently tried some 1/32 scale models for a change away from the 28mm models and the 15mm FoW stuff.

I've only done three models but have a Dragon T34 on order which I can't wait to get to try some white wash effects.

Anyway this is what I have so far:

A Sherman 76mm

A Tiger 1E

A Hetzer Jadpanzer

Where did you get this display? How much was it and what are the dimensions of those shelves?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2007/07/tutorial-custom-decal-sheets.html

That is one of the best decal sheet tutorials I have seen on the internet. Great idea for a project by the way. I want to build a Dharma Van and Jeep at the sonic fence diorama with some serious weathering.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Unkempt posted:

Print-your-own-decals trip report:

Jesus Christ, that's terrible.

I had to use about 5 coats of varnish, which made them a lot thicker than I'd like. They're peeling up at the edge, which I might be able to fix when dry or might not. The long stripes go all over the place; I think it might work better if I cut them up into smaller pieces before putting them on? Or maybe I'll just have to mask and paint them instead. Plus it looks like my printer needs cleaning. And the colour's off.

Time to strip off and start again.

Did you use micro sol and micro set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
This is just a thought, call it a jumping off point. Get some liquid mask material, the art store should sell it in the acrylic mediums section, put it in a deep enough dish, dip it in from the bottom (opposite the ring) dip it up to the correct height and let it dry.

I don't know it is just the first thing that comes to mind.