Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any advice on how to try and paint marine digital camo? These would be on 28mm models so not anything crazy scale wise, but still a tough little bit to do I think.

I'm also trying to find what is closest to 28mm for vehicles and aircraft but googling for this stuff is TERRIBLE. Is there a decent place or database where I can get pictures and descriptions of many companies models?

Specifically I'm looking for something for my 28mm marines to ride around in, a Bradley and a Blackhawk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Some companies sell vehicles marketed as 28mm, otherwise you want 1/56 (which is 28mm scale, or as close as). You could probably get away with 1/48 as well.

You won't find 1/56 (usually) on sites selling scale model kits in the more common scales (ie 1/35, 48 & 72). The only 1/56 stuff I've seen is usually APCs for 28mm skirmish games and isn't as nice-looking as proper scale kits. 1/48 would work, to be honest, and would be a better option for buying your vehicles. This page illustrates the vagaries of scale and shows that 1/48 vehicles and 28mm figures mix well.

Academy and Italeri both make 1/48 Blackhawks... I doubt you'll find those in 1/56 scale anywhere.. You can definitely get Bradleys in 1/48... but I'm having trouble finding anything other than humvees and WW2 light vehicles in 1/56 to be honest...

Here's a tutorial for doing digital camo in 1/35 that might help...

How will 1/48 stack up to 28mm (warhammer) models? I'm doing an entire army in real 28mm us marines but i plan on fielding it in 40k games. the 1/48th will be bigger than normal or smaller than normal?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I seem unable to find a 1/48 Abrams tank, I found bradley and blackhawk fine, but the tank...no dice. I keep finding these wicked cheap (like 12 dollar) 'DIY R/C kits' but how can that possibly be a fully functional tank model for that cheap? I must be missing something.