Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!
Can you guys recommend me a excellent airbrush?

I'm looking at Badgers or Iwatas, but I really can't decide. I plan on using it for modeling, but also smaller art projects/paintings. I want a dual action per my friends recommendation, but what should I get?

Edit:

I am a retard and should read previous posts before replying. Any other good airbrushes people can recommend?

Edit2: To add: I have a compressor already, but its a shop compressor. Do I NEED to buy a hobby one? I am assuming there would be adapters + maybe a fine tune regulator I can buy instead of buying a smaller airbrush-only compressor.

ASSTASTIC fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!
Just picked up a used Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS + Sparmax compressor from a pawn shop for 70bux out the door.

Even though its not a gravity feed, I think this airbrush is going to do me quite nicely :)

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!
Where do you guys suggest I buy parts/accessories for my new airbrush from?

I need to do a little overhaul in getting a new needle and some lubrication/cleaner and a lot of the local shops don't carry Iwata stuff.

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!
Not really models, but prebuild+painted, look up the Hot Toys Alien/Predator action figures if you want to see a quality AvP figure.

They are so freaking detailed its disgusting. I really should have gotten the Hicks when I had a chance :(

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!
Christ I have learned more from Masa Narita's walk-thrus and general modeling info than I ever knew before. This man is a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Ha! What an awesome thread. To the dude building the Oceanic 815, godspeed. That is freaking sweet! I worked at a hobby store when I was sixteen - twenty-two. My hobby was the RC stuff, and I am going to join the "Scale" along with radio controlled.
Too contribute to the thread, this thing is radio controlled (not mine).

I will be working on building a scale rock crawler (probably not as awesome as this one) over the next few weeks. :)

Uhh...wtf that is awesome. The wheels are too white though.