Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Shoot for around the consistency of milk. With Tamiya paints, it's usually a 2:1 thinner to paint ration, but obviously that may differ for other manufacturers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Hoopy Frood posted:

Your comment is quite old now but yeah, the Tamiya 930 isn't up to their usual standard unfortunately, but the good news is that this kit is only a bit more expensive and is MUCH more detailed, including a full engine and suspension (and spare wheel in the trunk!) :http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10250984

Holy poo poo. I don't even like Porsches and that kit looks great. It's even got a display stand for the engine!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
As a general FYI for airbrush users, Harbor Frieght has cleaning bottles for $8: http://www.harborfreight.com/airbrush-cleaning-bottle-68154.html Combine it with the 20% off coupon and it's a pretty good deal. http://widgets.harborfreight.com/ws...il_s1032_c3514c

Just picked one up, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I've always been curious about wooden model ships, but I've been pretty intimidated at the same time. That last post with all the box contents is fantastic. Is there any way you could maybe put together a similar one with the tools that you're using?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

langurmonkey posted:

I have just started picking up the modelling hobby again as it's getting towards winter. My current project is a fairly large transport plane, which won't have a complicated camo pattern or anything like that. The thought of hand painting it isn't appealing, so I am looking for beginners airbrush recommendations, and maybe some pointers on how to use them effectively. There is so much choice and information around that I am feeling a little lost.

If you're just getting back into the hobby, you may want to hold off on an airbrush until you know you're going to stick with it. It can be a pretty hefty investment to just take up space in a closet. Assuming you're talking military transport, it's probably a solid military color, yeah? You may want to look into a Tamiya spraycan or two. http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/paints-amp-finishes-60/spray-ts-%28plastics%29-61500. Tamiya makes probably the best sprays I've used. May I ask what kit you've got going at the moment?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

:drat:

Kick-rear end post. I am now completely enthralled by wooden boat models.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Doctor Zero posted:

That seems unnecessarily fiddly when you can get a $5 tube of squadron putty that will last you years. Time value of money!

Do this. The superglue trick is fine to fill gaps, but that poo poo gets rock hard and can be a bit of a bitch to sand down properly. Get a tube of Squadron or Milliput filler and you're good.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Locator posted:

What is no warship (even a small sloop) complete without? Gunports!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

George Zimmer posted:

Babby's first motorcycle (Yama YZR-M1 for those who know that sorta thing):

Fairings are still being painted, but I have a white basecoat down:

Hells yeah. Is that one of the Tamiya kits? I've got one that I started a while back and haven't touched in a while. I think I have 5 or 6 of their bike kits built.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Locator posted:

And.. rolling the dice on giving it some color. The kit is actually designed to be a canvas covered hull, which is simulated by coating the entire hull with CA glue, sanding it rough, and painting it black. I am going down a completely different path, and here is the beginning. We'll see how it ends up down the road.

That is gorgeous and I'm surprised at how jealous I am of a tiny canoe.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Some quick pics of a kit I'm working on now. This is Pegasus' Great White Shark, which was a standard shark and guy filming in a shark cage. I've altered it a bit, and taken a cue from Jaws, and now the guy in the cage is getting a bit more than he bargained for. Still have to repose the camera-guy, but otherwise the shark and the cage are pretty much ready for primer.

Jaaaaaaaws, get away from me, Jaws!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Locator posted:

Even I'm not that patient. There is a guy on ModelShipWorld that started his ship over 20 years ago. He's scratch building a model of the German Battlecruiser Scharnhorst. In 1/72 scale. :stare:

Jesus Christ that's almost 11 feet long :psyduck:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Totally ripping off that earlier poster, but...

... I got a shark, too!

Obviously still working on the head seam, but it's pretty slick. The body is actually a soft vinyl, so that was a bit surprising. I'm thinking I'll turn the closed-mouth head into a 1/18th scale trophy mount.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You may already know this, since I had posted it earlier, but when you prime it make sure you use a lacquer based primer. Enamel based primers won't fully cure on vinyl surfaces. Enamel paint won't cure on bare vinyl either, but it's safe to use on primed vinyl.

DupliColor Sandable Primer is good lacquer based primer you can find in most auto stores. There's a company called Montana that makes lacquer based primers as well, you can find them in some art stores.

Ah, good lookin out. I've got some different stuff laying around so I'm sure I have something that will work.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just an update on this. Be careful what you use for priming that vinyl.

I was priming some test pieces, and I never noticed that the Duplicolor up here in Canada is a different formulation than in the US. I primed the test piece earlier this week, but it remained tacky days later. Then I noticed the Duplicolor primer up here isn't a lacquer, but an alkyd, which is oil based. So that will probably never fully cure. I primed another test piece with regular old Tamiya Fine Surface Primer, and that worked flawlessly. Dried within a few fours. I'm going to test my usual primer, Rustoleum Painters Touch Primer, sometime next week, since it says it works on plastic on the label. Hopefully that will work too, as you get a lot more there for a lot cheaper, compared to Tamiya.

Tamiya primer is awesome stuff, but I tend to not keep much around because it's pretty spendy. I've got some Testors lacquer that should be ok though. I'll test it first on that spare head.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Locator posted:

This wooden boat hobby has changed my definitions of what is a 'productive day', as the time frame for finishing a project is so long. I consider today to be a productive day, and I may actually go back and do more before it's over.

First I finished up the rest of the guns, and did some touch up painting on all of them.

Next I tackled the rudder. I completely forgot to take any pictures of this in progress, but it starts out as a laser cut walnut piece with no taper. To make it into a proper rudder, first it has to be tapered front to rear (it's about 1/2 the thickness along the back edge as it is at the front), and rounded at the front. Then the lines have to be measured out and etched. This is to simulate the fact that a real rudder wasn't a single piece of wood, it's built up out of multiple timbers. In this case 4 pieces. Next I have to cut recesses for the brass straps that hold the pintles, which are the pins that hold the rudder, and allow it to swing. This was accomplished with a very sharp, small chisel.

Next up, I got to learn something new! Soldering. I've soldered a lot of electronics before, but by before I mean 30+ years ago. Soldering brass using flux, silver solder, and a torch is all new, but for my first effort I think it came out ok.

I made the pintle - brass pin soldered to the strap that will go into that recess I cut into the rudder.

The plans make the gudgeon (the strap that the pintles drop into on the ship side) by simply using the brass strap, and letting the pintle drop into it. I decided to solder a tiny brass tube onto the gudgeon to make them work like a real one would.

These connect together like so.

And will go on the rudder like this (the pintle is too long currently, it will be trimmed later), with the straps to the front bolted to the hull of the ship.

Believe it or not, on the real ships, the rudder was placed into the gudgeons, and the only thing that really held it on was gravity. Sometimes you will see larger ships of this era with large chains connected to the rudder hanging at the stern. These chains had two purposes - if the steering geer was shot away during battle, they could use the chains for emergency steering, and more importantly, if something happened whether in battle or not, and the rudder became unshipped (came out of the gudgeons) the chains would prevent the rudder from being lost, and they could re-ship it after repairing whatever caused it to come loose.

Now i just need to make two more sets of pintles and gudgeons, but my eyes are bugging me so not sure I'll get back to it today or not.

All your updates are awesome. Next step is making the cannons fire :v:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Arquinsiel posted:

Anyone happen to know where I'd find a 1/72 GMC Vandura? I need it for... reasons...

Hotwheels is what, 1/64? They made one a few years ago that may fit your reasons.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Arquinsiel posted:

For some mad reason the Hotwheels one I can find seems to be 1/18. The absolute smallest I've managed track down has been 1/50, and that's waaaaay too big.

DAH daDAH!! Dun DUN dunnnn

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Unkempt posted:

Well, we all know what this is:

I see two problems here:
- that gun is clearly too small
- all those tiny little wheels.

So:

And:

A bit of surgery:

Getting there:

Here we go!

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

STRAIGHT DOWN THE AUTOBAHN TO BLOW HITLER'S loving FACE RIGHT OFF

YEAH
Job done.

It's glorious :ussr:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

George Zimmer posted:

Hey remember that 1/12 scale F1 car I was making? Well I finished it:

This looks fantastic. One small tip - hit the rolling surface of the tires with some sandpaper. It will not only knock that seam off, it will make them look like they've done a few laps. That being said, awesome job.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Smoke posted:

Slight paint question here:

Yesterday I went to a model building trade show(they had a shitload of various massive train setups, some beautiful things there, but also other stuff) Picked up the Revell Lamborghini Diablo VT. I haven't started work on it yet(working on a few other kits first), but the instructions call for the body to be painted as follows:
1) Coat body in aluminium-colored paint
2) Overlay body with transparent orange paint
3) Coat results in clear gloss

I've got all of these colors readily available, but decided to test their method at first on a piece of scrap sprue. Painted the aluminium on it last night, then in the morning I covered it with transparent orange. However, the transparent orange started stripping the aluminium off after a brush or two. Is this a case of me not waiting long enough for the base coat to dry(about 10 hours or so), or am I missing something? I'm using Revell's own enamel line, unthinned, for this. Along with that, the transparent orange looked rather light and transparent rather than what I'd expect based on some casual Googling for images. I'm also painting by brush due to not having space for an airbrush setup, and no real ventilation options(Small apartment)

As penance for my sins in not knowing how to layer paint properly have a picture of the 1/100 Tamiya MiG-21 I picked up in Bulgaria and finished yesterday(and am now noticing some details on that I should have done better):

Are they the same type of paint? Lacquer, enamel, etc.? I know that some types really don't play nicely together. You might want to check for a "candy" orange in a spray can. Might get some better results.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Molentik posted:

big_g, that looks loving awesome!

I've started painting my figure, starting with blocking in the colours. I had some problems airbrushing the Vallejo primer so it looks a bit grainy on the photos (plus Jpeg compression) but it doesnt look so bad in real life.

I like to do the flesh colours last using the 'Tony Barton' method. Heres some pics of a 1/6 head I'm also working on using that technique

Your last post caught my eye and this mention of the "Tony Barton method" got me curious. http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sculpting-using-sculpy/58238-modelling-painting-head.html That is some awesome poo poo.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Dukket posted:

Tomorrow there is a scale model show near me (Chicago suburbs) that I was thinking of going to - are the vendor prices at these shows generally high? Reasonable? All over the board, just buy at LHS or online?

Where at, exactly? I'm in the NW burbs myself.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

big_g posted:

I decided to do the Ghostkeel in a grey scheme with selected plates in an digi urban cammo scheme as that's something I've never done before.

I can't mask all the plates off and spray them at the same time as it's akward so I did the first two last night.

Neat!

I've thought about picking up a larger Tau figure. I have no intention of playing or building a Tau army, but I've always really liked the aesthetics of their stuff.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So what's your guys' usual procedure for cleaning airbrushes? I got mine out the other day for the first time in quite a while and was reminded of how tedious it was.

I use Tamiya paint so I'm usually spraying that in a 2:1 ratio with 70% iso alcohol. Once I finished with my color, I ran a few cups worth of straight alcohol through it into one of the jars like this guy:

After a few cups, I take it to the sink and disassemble and clean with q-tips, alcohol, and water. Does this seem like overdoing it? Underdoing it? What do you guys normally do between colors if you're doing multiples in one session? I'm just trying to get an idea of whether or not I'm doing this poo poo right.

Also, any recommendations on paint that's airbrush ready? Straight out of a bottle/jar and into the cup would be awesome. I normally do automotive stuff, so a big military color selection isn't really necessary.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

lilljonas posted:

Revell: your plastic tank threads are garbage.

In happier news, I finished the Christmas present for my nephew today: a 1/12 bandai Speeder Bike. I ended up leaving the actual Scout Trooper mostly untouched, as the gloss plastic looked great as it is. Instead, I weathered up the actual bike a lot, to make it look like it had brushed up against a lot of Endor greenery.

The kit was just amazingly well put together, just, wow. Doing a Revell 1/72 Tiger II directly after it was a horrible idea, as I got spoiled rotten with all the clever engineering of Bandai.

It turned out to be too big for my tiny lighting box, so enjoy some crappy iphone pics without proper lighting!

This is awesome. I've always preferred the Scout Troopers over the Storms. Requesting Slav Squat Scout.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So I'm way late for the crap-bot build, but I just ordered a Hi-Mock a couple days ago. I'm bad enough trying to pick a paint scheme for the cars I build. No idea what direction I want to go with it, but I'm excited to build a Gundam for the first time since junior high.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Hi-Mock is almost done. Went for an Iron Man Mk. XXII look. Gotta figure out what I want to do with the gun, so the right hand is waiting until then.

I present: 'Hot-Mock'

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Greyhawk posted:

How about a nice motorcycle? I'm building the Tamiya Ducati 916 in 1:12 (which is right about 30 bucks) as a quick in-between and it's an absolute dream and joy to build. Very nice detail and perfect fit.

That motor is 23 parts and its not done yet.

I love that bike and I love that kit. I've done a half-dozen or so Tamiya bikes and they're all great kits. I started one a while back and moved on to other things. Need to pull that back out and get to work.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Greyhawk posted:

Added a lot more very tiny stuff to the Ducati. This is where the kit starts taking off the training gloves and goes "Sure hope you know what you're doing, bud". The decal on the battery might look weird, that's because its one of the victims of the previous owner. I cut it down to salvage what I could instead of leaving the battery bare.

Man, these updates are making me want to dig out the Yamaha I started a while back. Looks great!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Just ran across this guy's videos. I'm sure most of you railroad guys are already familiar with these processes and techniques, but it's all new to me and it's pretty drat cool.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjRkUtHQ774mTg1vrQ6uA5A/videos

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Dukket posted:

I went to the Russell Military Museum today. The out door stuff is more scrap yard, but fun.

Most of the pix aren't all tha good, sorry. I wish I had taken more photos, I was in a hurry for no reason what so ever.

http://imgur.com/a/W8wal

http://www.russellmilitarymuseum.com/

That's the place right off 94, right? I've wanted to stop by there for years now.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Greyhawk posted:

So Miniart has decided to be even more insane then usual and their new T-54 B will feature over a 1000 parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTWeSCUoXw

Holy fuckin' rear end-crackers. I've never built a tank before, but I kinda want to buy this and do a really mediocre job at it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I was out running around earlier and saw this:

so I grabbed it. My modeling has all but completely stopped. Maybe this will help to get going again. It's actually got a fully modeled engine bay instead of just being curbside like a lot of Tamiya kits. Should be fun.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Yeah, most of this kit is a reissue of a 1989 kit based on copyright stamps, but this specific kit was released last year with some new parts. Intercooler, wheels, exhaust, and some other bits. Just finished cutting and sorting parts so maybe I'll throw some paint down soon. Parts are super clean and test fits have been great.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
GT-:argh: is coming together nicely. Major holdup now is the body. I've got some paint on it but it needs a couple wet coats now. Been way too hot and humid out lately to spray (rattle cans sprayed in the garage) so it's kinda stalled for a while. Supposed to be nice this week so I'll try to get at least one coat down.

I didn't have my black thinned enough when I first hit this stuff. I kinda like the texture, though.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Nebakenezzer posted:

I like the textures you have going on! That's something I often have to struggle with.

Thin your paints less :v:. When it comes out of the airbrush and your first reaction is "ugh, god dammit..." then you're all set.

George - That McLaren is awesome. I've wanted to pick up that kit for a long time.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I basically don't read any model reviews on amazon because half of them are people complaining that the model in question was not a pre-assembled toy.

Then again, I barely read any reviews on amazon period because 90% of people don't know how to review and the other 10% are complaining about the shipping/condition of the package.

It really is ridiculous. I'm sorry you two idiots can't read. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KKBVF6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2HTB8QHQ0OFYA&coliid=I2I815WPJ0786O

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Locator posted:

I might have vented a bit on both of those two one-star reviews. loving morons.

:lol:

I don't know which one is more stupid. The one who actually seems to have thought it was an actual motorcycle for 20 bucks or the one who read enough to realize it was a small replica but apparently missed all of the 'model', 'hobby', and 'you need paint and glue' references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Arquinsiel posted:

If you spot the A-team van in 1/72 let me know asap.

Hot Wheels are what, 1/64? That would probably look a bit out of place next to 1/72 but I think that's probably as close as you're going to get without some scratch building.