Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

LIKE ME

http://sharktopus.com/live/CHORD_TRIGGERS_live8.als

Here is all of the chords from the chord pack set up with some ghost clips to change key and all grouped up and ready to go.

If anyone here starts using this live or even just at home I'd be interested in hearing how useful it is. I just spent like an hour setting it all up and now I'm about to play with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Plastic Snake posted:

Is there a way you could save this as Live 7 compatible? I've been following this thread like mad because I'm always hungry for more tips and tricks to use in Live and what you were talking about sounded really cool, but I can't afford to upgrade unfortunately :(

Because of the groups I cannot do any kind of nice copy/paste or open it in live7.

If anyone knows of a way to convert 8 to 7, let me know and i'd be more than happy to give it a shot.

I highly recommend upgrading to live8, the groups have cleaned up my sets a ton and the looper is really nice.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Here's a screenshot in case someone was wondering how to use this thing

First, route the MIDI OUT track to whatever you want and set that track to in. (I have it routed to an example MIDI IN track here with no instrument on it.)

Click the key you want, then hold the chord you want, I have them set to gate so you've got to hold the chord until the next bar starts.

If anyone finds a better way to trigger these let me know so I can try it out.

EDIT: link since this got pushed to a new page
http://sharktopus.com/live/CHORD_TRIGGERS_live8.als

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

I can't figure out how to remap midi CC controls in reason while it's a rewrite slave.

live is passing the midi along, but I can't get it to remap and I can't figure out how to change in live what they're sending to...

for example, I've got a thor in reason, but I want to map a knob on my keyboard to the filter frequency. I can't seem to figure it out.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

well poo poo, thanks anyways. I'm gonna try and use this keyboard for reason only and see if that works.

yeah so that's one way.

Maybe i'll record in live and then when I play live, I'll just synth into reason and set it up for that.

Sharktopus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 13, 2009