Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
If I want to upgrade from Intro to the Standard or Suite, is this likely the cheapest time to do it? Looks like I could upgrade to Standard for $279 or Suite for $479.

Edit: gently caress it, went for the Suite upgrade.

Fats fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just installed it, I haven't had much chance to play around yet but the CPU meter went from reading 30% all the time to 2%. The only *real* issue I've been having before this on the M1 was random popping coming out of Pigments, but I don't know if that's an Ableton thing or a Pigments thing.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

Fun Shoe
After a weekend playing with it, the beta seems good and fixes every weird issue I had been seeing on the M1. I bet today's M1 pro/max computers run it like hell, but even on the base M1 mini it runs well. The only issue I've seen is VSTs that aren't also native just don't show up in Ableton now, unless you specifically run it in Intel mode.

Apparently Apple built a specific translation layer for AU plugins, so I might try that 90 day Logic Pro trial...