Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Probably but try turning up the sample rate.

or down I don't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

haha poo poo I've got two and my computer owns.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I can't get ableton 8 to assign midi maps. I highlight the control and turn the knob but it won't record the control change. Yet the yellow light in the corner flashes. What am I doing wrong???

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

never mind you have to set up yourt controller as a remote as well as a track changer thingy

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

No. 9 posted:

Has anyone used a Firebox? How is it with condensers and line in?

I have a firebox. I got it specifically to free up a usb port, but I have been more or less happy with everything else. The line ins are good, but my mic amps could be a lot stronger, I have to turn up the gain quite a bit to get a strong signal from a condenser (maybe I'm doing it wrong??). Other than that I'm happy with it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

does anyone have experience with the MPD32? Or what's a good controller for ableton with pads? I mostly want to start producing groove-based downtempo-ey stuff and I'm looking for a pad controller for the software. Or I might just buy an MPC. thanks

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Live is pretty cool but I get more done in audacity.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Can someone explain the placement of the preset drums on drum rack's piano roll? They're all over the place and I have to rearrange them to use with my padKontrol. it's really annoying.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

A used macbook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

if you clean it up a 1st gen mb will suit any producer's digital requirements. It also has firewire, which comes in handy when you try to pro up your sound output..