Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it
Just got my APC in today, it's so pretty! Can't wait to get to grips with it.

Anyone know when Max for Live is coming out? I saw a video of how it's supposed to interface with Live and the APC and I'm virtually wetting myself with excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

Plavski posted:

For anyone with an APC40, you might be interested in this video I dug up: http://thestudiosessions.co.uk/

The guy has an incredibly complex custom setup for his APC40 so trying to emulate it perfectly seems like a tall order, but there are a couple of things in there that might be useful to everyone.

I believe you can download the setup he uses, learning what the buttons do may take some time though and it looks like a more DJ specific setup than I would use

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

dookie posted:

I plan on making a live set in Ableton. But the problem is, a lot of my songs are sequenced in Reason. I tried doing the tedious task of exporting each different loop in Reason that I have as a .wav and importing that into Ableton. However, this method is not perfect because it cuts the audio right off at the end of the loop (no room for reverb tails, delay, etc so it sounds choppy).

What should I do???? I want to jam out in the almighty clip view to my songs damnit

You can run reason as an instrument in Live by using rewire, just look it up in the relevant help files and you should find all you need to know.

I'm not 100% sure you will be able to do exactly what you want to do with it but you should definitely be able to come up with a workable solution.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

colonp posted:

Should I just "master the master"? I usually put anything like that onto a track before the master, but maybe I'm just being silly.

if you're not doing it to the master then it isn't mastering

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

iSheep posted:

Hm, considering upgrading to Suite 8 from lite so I can get the orchestral instruments when 9 comes out.

Any reason this is a bad idea?

Nope, it's a free upgrade to 9 so you might as well go for it, especially if there's a decent deal you can take advantage of. Out of interest how much is the Lite to Suite upgrade?

Zoom Shroom posted:

I'll be a bit nonplussed if I have to pay for M4L again. I haven't even touched it yet.

The upgrade to 9 is apparently discounted if you already own M4L. That's what they told me anyway. I also am yet to use it in the 2 years I've had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

According to the FAQ if you log in and tell them what you're wanting to buy it will calculate what discounts you qualify for and apply them. There's not really any way to check you're getting everything you should be though, unfortunately.

e: not as far as I've seen anyway