Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone have any cool tricks on how to make Reason sound less 'Reasony' when rewired through ableton? I've tried lightly effecting the entire channel, but everyone I show my stuff to can still pick out that (relatively) cruddier Reason sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Reason rewired through Ableton is just insane. When composing, be sure you put each different Reason instrument through a separate track on Ableton's mixer, ie, bypass Reason's sub-par mixer entirely.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Wow, I didn't really understand how to produce tracks in the arrangement view, just DJ...but man its way more fun than Session when you get your head around it.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
^^^ oh really? Haha I was sure it was the other way around. Anyway, it's cool to produce in the mode you don't normally use.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

dolphins are gay posted:

I just mapped the Z/X/C keys to the Play/Stop/Record button

WHY THE gently caress DID I NEVER THINK OF THIS

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I just bought a nocturn (no keyboard) but hate dealing with the Automap server thing, is there any way to just bypass it completely and just map the controls with ableton? I mean, I can do that now, but hate dealing with Automap at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I was just at an ableton clinic, it was pretty rad. Learned lots of cool little tricks that I shoulda figured out a long time ago. For instance: duplicate/freeze/flatten your melody, drench it in reverb, reverse it + mirror it with itself, bam, instant rise that fits perfectly anywhere in your track. Why did I never think of that.