Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
how are you supposed to effectively work with chord instruments? like, I'd like to switch between tonic note as well as quality and it seems the only way to do so is to set up a track for each quality?

I guess this applies to the midi effect as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

If anyone is interested I have a Live Lite key for grabs, just PM me

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

this is extremely lazy of me, but is there any plugin or thing in ableton where I can select a bunch of midi notes and have it spit out the possible keys they are in for me? I can work it out myself okay usually, but :effort:

even better would be something with like a circle of fifths on it for finding related keys

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

prom candy posted:

A plugin would be sweet but I use this sometimes https://www.scales-chords.com/scalefinder.php

I just have a circle of fifths poster on my wall that I consult when I'm writing progressions and need ideas

DaWolfey posted:

I use Scaler 2 for this (vst), but you can't drag a clip into it, so I set the input on the track to that of the one with the notes I want to bring in and just hit play.
It can identify the scale, and then there are a lot of features for helping you with modulation, progressions etc

These both look like solid options, thanks!

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

I had latency issues that sound similar to your situation when ableton was minimized before I set the process priority to the max it could be. No idea if this will help, but may be worth giving it a shot if you haven’t already.