Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to use my microKorg as a MIDI controller in Live via my x-fi's MIDI ports. Thing is, it doesn't detect the keyboard unless it's plugged in and switched on when the computer starts, which sucks.

There's a similar problem with my USB midi controller, but that can be fixed by quitting Live, switching it on/off, then restarting Live. Using the x-fi MIDI port requires a restart of the whole computer :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

Rkelly posted:

Buy a 30 dollar midi to usb cable. Problem solved creative midi blows, but it has great jitter control and is very tight compared to lots of interfaces. To bad everything else sucks about it when it comes to recording. Spend money solve problem.

Oh man. I thought using the MIDI ports on the soundcard would be better than USB :'(

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

chief touching you posted:

Well, Reaper is free.

cockos.com posted:

Purchase a license directly from Cockos by sending a check or money order in US dollars drawn on a US bank.

$225: full commercial license

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

Vector 7 posted:

Because automating utility can control the amplitude of the signal without forcing the mixer to adhere to automation.

Why did I never think of this? Thanks for the tip :)

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Have you seen the Machinedrum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAkuJoGY1-8

edit: durr just realised this was the Ableton thread. Have a look at the dblue glitch plugin for randomised percussive effects.

David Pratt fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 4, 2015