Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dont feel bad, im sure most people in this thread have had issues getting the plugins folder working properly, ive spent hours on almost the exact same issue you had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

What's the best way to pitch someone's voice down? I'm editing a radio play where some of the male parts are being played by female actors and they have requested it. The built in pitch shift works alright but ends up fairly wobbly sounding and unnatural. I'm not sure there is a better solution available though.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Judge Judy posted:

Oddly, Live doesn't come with a live way to change pitch. Macs come with an AU that can do it. There are some free VSTs as well.

You can downpitch any normal clip, but it doesn't adjust the formants very clearly. I've been messing around with Antares Throat VST, but i'm not sold on it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

what is comping?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

massive spider posted:

Multiple takes on the same track. So you can say, record a vocal track 5 times and then edit together a non lovely take from the sections of your lovely takes.

Logic has had it for ages, doing it in live 10 requires making multiple tracks. Its a pretty big deal if you want to use Live as a recording environment and not just a sequencer.

ohhhh interesting. I've done punching in and out, but this sounds a lot better than having to have like 40 tracks.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

How's latency in not mac land now? i think i wanna get off mac if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Holy gently caress I hate iLok.

i really do not understand why it's even a thing anymore. could the exact same thing not be accomplished with web authentication at this point?