Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimix
Jun 20, 2001

KaosPV posted:

So, I know it's something easy, but, how do I get both channels to share the same low-pass filter?

I would say set up a send track that has the filter you want on it, then automated both your tracks to send to it at the same rate (and bring your channel volume down as you increase the send). you might also set up a second send for the high pass filter/delay effect as well.

another neat trick is to use the crossfader - have your dry track be set to channel A and your send track be on B, that way you dont have to lower the track volume when you want to use the fx track, just slide the crossfader over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimix
Jun 20, 2001

Sups posted:

I am a drummer in my band and I'd like to try to add a laptop to my setup. Is it pretty feasible to write parts in Ableton and then play it live while playing drums? Do you guys think Ableton is the program for me? I'm fairly new to DAWs but I have used Fruity Loops quite a bit and come up with some pretty interesting patterns.

A friend of mine is a drummer in a band that does exactly this. He uses one of those midi drum pads to trigger sequences, sounds awesome. He also uses the pads to play some electronic drum sounds for live playing, not just triggering clips.

Jimix
Jun 20, 2001

colonp posted:

Ah.

How do I get it back to normal?

Click here for the full 646x229 image.

dude never mind how do you get back to normal, how the gently caress did you get there in the first place

Jimix
Jun 20, 2001

mezzir posted:

hit f10
if you tweak a parameter that is automated, it'll basically override the automation and go into manual mode, hitting f10 will revert everything to whats scripted

there is also a little button next to the transport bar that says "revert to arrangement"