Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002
This is probably the dumbest question in the universe: what exactly is meant by a "transport"? When someone refers to transport automation, what does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002
How do I create a new project exactly where I want it in Live? I've read the instructions and they say to right-click in the file browser (PC) and choose New Project, but the option is greyed out. If I start a new Live set, it tries to throw the files in the same project I previously worked on. Not realizing this until recently, I have ten songs and all of their files under one project. Is there a direct way to do this so that Ableton doesn't try to 'help' me?

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002
A Live Set is a subset of a Live Project. Inside the Project folder is the Live Set as well as all recorded files, etc. When I create a new Live Set it automatically puts that Live set inside a Live Project folder that Ableton automatically creates.

If I later decide to create a new Live Set and save it, Ableton will automatically put it in the same Project I was previously working on, and I don't know how to make it not do that.

Sorry if it's confusing, it confusing to me too which is part of why I'm asking. I just want to be able to tell Ableton to create a new and different Project folder for my new Live Set.

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002

colonp posted:

I don't think you can make it save as a different project by default. To save in a different project, save the set outside the project, ie. go up a level, then save.

Why do you want that?

I wasn't aware that Ableton would save a new set in the same project folder by default, so I kept saving all the sets in the same directory (a folder I created called Music). Now all my samples from all the different sets are thrown in the same recorded samples folder and it's a confusing mess. Not sure how to fix it, but want to avoid it in the future. If I try to go up a level and save the set (and hence a new project), I end up outside the Music folder I created. That's why I just want to say "Make a new project, and put it here." Hope that makes sense.

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002
Thanks, I will try to Collect All and Save my way out of this mess.