Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Holy gently caress I hate iLok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

It should be. I've done it, certainly, to put some of my own songs into Rocksmith. And those tracks loaded into Musescore well enough.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

From just skimming YouTube hits, it looks like it has the bare basic of importing a .mid file exported from something else, and it can do the thing I am trying now with Cakewalk of sending MuseScore 3 out to a loopback mock MIDI device routed into it. That method has been really error-prone in Cakewalk. Actually scoring on something like sheet music doesn't come up at all.

Should I not really expect a DAW to even have good management of sheet music? I might just be coming into it with a crappy expectation and instead should treat it as something more for editing and production.

Oh I see. No, there's no score editor in Ableton (and I do wish there was, sometimes), just the piano roll.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I haven't either, so I guess the old addage of "Your Mileage May Vary" aplies.