Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

Koo Koo Ka-Chaw Koo Koo Ka-Chaw
I've been using Live 8 for about a month and I absolutely love it. I have a question about automation though. If I'm recording with arrangement view and triggering clips in session view. I have my effects going to the master, I'm using stuff like beat repeat and filters. After i finished random "on and off" triggering of effects and exporting my audio it just turned on all of my effects and added them to the final mixdown. Am I able to record automations that way or is there a better solution to what I'm trying to do. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm still new to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

stun runner posted:

Yeah, it's probably a problem with the automation you've recorded. It's kind of hard to diagnose without knowing a little more but double check the recorded automation tracks to make sure nothing weird is going on with them.

Yea, it's working correctly now, today was really the first day I'd played with automation. Sorry I didn't word it more clearly, I wasn't even sure how to word it. I was using like 4 different effects in the master effect box, playing with them while triggering stuff in session view. For some reason the MIDI automation track never started.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

Under the Midi Ports in options can someone explain what Track and Sync are used for? I understand remote, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have all 3 active for my controllers. Got my automation problem taken care of btw, thanks a bunch.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

I'm having to take my Ableton project and move it from one computer to another. Are there any steps/shortcuts I can take besides the obvious, move everything over then hotswap the locations? My biggest fear is losing all of my warping settings, but I think that's just me feeling like I have to worry about something.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

ManoliIsFat posted:

I used to set up sets on my desktop, then save them as self-contained and move them to my laptop for playing out, with absolutely nothing lost in the project. Shouldn't be a problem.

If anything, I'm copying EVERYTHING over. My partner hasn't even really told me what machine I'm using, and the show is on Saturday. I probably have things correct but I'm worried because of the time crunch. Also thanks for telling me about the packaging part Vanmani, definitely using that.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

I've got something coming up in a few weeks that I'll be using Live with. I've been playing a lot more with the audio effects racks and have made a few filtery/overdrive things. The only problem is they can get ear splittingly loud at times, what's the best way to go about keeping my highs safe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

chillhouse posted:

Couldn't you just use a limiter?

The time I did I didn't like the sound of it. My brains are actually working now and I think I know how to fix it.