Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

McCoy Pauley posted:

Ableton midi controller question:

I have a Launchkey MK3 and recently picked up an APC40 MK2, planning mostly to use the latter to record short clips with guitars and synths, adjust device settings with the encoders, take advantage of the foot switch, etc.

I connected both of them to my computer for the first time tonight -- expecting that they would be able to work simultaneously (e.g. that either could launch a clip, stop a track, etc). But for some reason the APC didn't work at all, and the Launchkey was the only thing controlling clips and settings in Ableton. I tried fiddling with the MIDI settings in Ableton, but couldn't get the APC to control anything no matter what I adjusted. So I unplugged both devices and restarted Ableton, then plugged in the APC and then Launchkey, and then they both worked fine -- both controlling clips and devices as I had expected (and I didn't have to change anything in the settings menu).

Is there some particular trick to connecting two such devices in Ableton so that they control clips/tracks/devices equally? I guess I'll just keep trying it with the APC connecting first, but is there some basic way Ableton handles these devices that I should know about if I'm using them simultaneously?

You can setup multiple control surfaces under preferences. I have an APC40 and a Push on my setup. I had to tell Ableton to use both as control surfaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Yep! Exactly.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Is anyone running the latest beta that has native M1 processor support? I am considering switching to apple in my studio, since my current setup struggles at times with Live 11.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Thanks for the info! The only VST in my regular rotation is Melodyne, so I'm thinking an M1 Mac Mini is in my future.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

Mister Speaker posted:

That is odd behaviour of the software though, maybe check in Preferences if there's something changed near the 'default warp mode' field?

Reminds me that I never did figure out my weird Slice To New MIDI Track issue, where it was like... one day the software just started doing it wrong.

Yes. There is a setting in preferences to turn long sample auto-warp on/off