Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
Live works really good when you actually read the manual and do lessons, and maybe even watch a few youtubes about it.

Seriously spend a month learning everything you need to know.

For example if you didn't read you would never know you can rename scenes to a time signature and specific bpm. That way every scene in the whole drat thing can have a completely different time signature and bpm. You just click that scene button or map it to midi to change bpm and time signature. Voila!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

h_double posted:

God drat that's cool (you can also get to it by right clicking on the scene name and selecting Edit Launch Tempo and Edit Launch Time Signature).

There are still a few things about Live that, for me, don't make it the best tool for traditional linear multitrack recording -- things like no labels on the VU meters, no curves in automation envelopes. I haven't upgraded to version 8 yet but I understand they finally added track folders, which had been one of my previous complaints, as it can get pretty out of hand working with large numbers of tracks otherwise.

But it's unrealistic to expect one tool to do EVERYTHING, and there's always a fine line between adding more features and adding bloat -- and a big part of the appeal of Live is that it's so slick and optimized and you can do so much in realtime and have it be fast and stable. And you don't just have to be stuck with just one tool.

You can drag the line between the VU meter and the sends up this, displays numbers on your vu meters. Then use the zoom option in look/feel in preferences. You can have a lot more real estate if you can see very small things.

Can't you turn the grid off in automation view and just draw with the pencil. Or make the grid 64th notes and it is a curve pretty much?

As far as warp modes, in live 7 I always had pops in the complex mode on chopped drum samples. The beat option or tones worked perfect. The new complex rules quality wise but I still use beat mode, due to less worring about causing pops in my sample chopping.

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 5, 2009

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
Robotronic would like to have a word with you. I use it everyday.
http://www.sugar-bytes.com/content/products/Robotronic/index.php?lang=en

Also the one million band akai vocoder is good as well but its ui is kinda weak.
http://www.akaipro.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/1170/tt/5

I used the akai one for a while then yoozer gave me a bug to get all the sugarbytes poo poo.

Abletons vocoder is good too.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

TylerK posted:

Little tip I found over on the Ableton forums:
I knew about saving racks and such, but didn't think it was possible with the new grouped tracks. This is going to make poo poo a whole lot easier.

Woah. I can make my drums all on separate tracks, save them as a grouptrack.als, and then import my perfect drum setup to any project I have going previously or currently. gently caress YEAH!

Thanks tyler k!

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

warwick5s posted:

The APC comes with Live 7? That's kind of weak...

I would be happy it came with anything. Live 8 cost 400. Live 8 suite cost 1k. The apc is 400. Ableton is not a large company that can afford to steeply discount its only source of income.

Apc comes with the best bundled version of live that exist. You should see the live 4 lite or whatever I got with my xiosynth.

No one would buy live 8 if an apc 40 shipped with live 8 bundled for free.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

warwick5s posted:

I wasn't expecting full Live8 but at least a Live8 lite.

Yeah I got a 400 dollar xiosynth and I got live4lite it was after live 7 was already out. At least you can get a cheap upgrade.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Leninboarrir posted:

So I've had Live 7 since Christmas time, and there's one nagging thing I haven't been able to figure out.

When I do live performances, I set up blank clips beforehand for the exact length of the loop that I'm going to play (16/32/64/etc beats). That way, I don't have to hit my foot controller to stop the loop, which makes things easier. As far as I know, this only works for MIDI tracks, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work for looped audio. Does anyone know of a way to set this up for an audio track?

Upgrade to live 8 and use looper. This was the reason I upgraded.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

warwick5s posted:

welp, that didn't take long

Monome emulator for the APC40

http://vimeo.com/5138842

This loving rules. I need a apc 40 now. poo poo balls batman.

The new issue of CM is all about ableton 8. Has some cool ideas for all the new effects.

It taught me that the new percussion resonance tool corpus, will run based on mide in. You can now play live and have blips and bleeps and percussion that changes harmonically according to midi. Just add a pitch knob to transpose on the midi track your sending from.

FAtness.

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 14, 2009

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

vas0line posted:

Sugar Bytes Effectrix is even a little better than dBlue Glitch I think. ;)

I use a midi controller running effectrix with all kinds of retarded patterns bound to different notes, on my guitar and voice. So fun and retarded.

You can easily overdo it. Psych freakouts are awesome though.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
I use the fcb1010 to control ableton and looper. I love that drat pedal. Got it and a vamp pro rack for a 125 bucks.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

RizieN posted:

I too would greatly appreciate it...

Me 3. Good idea.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Scuzzpuck posted:

Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to use my microKorg as a MIDI controller in Live via my x-fi's MIDI ports. Thing is, it doesn't detect the keyboard unless it's plugged in and switched on when the computer starts, which sucks.

There's a similar problem with my USB midi controller, but that can be fixed by quitting Live, switching it on/off, then restarting Live. Using the x-fi MIDI port requires a restart of the whole computer :(

Buy a 30 dollar midi to usb cable. Problem solved creative midi blows, but it has great jitter control and is very tight compared to lots of interfaces. To bad everything else sucks about it when it comes to recording. Spend money solve problem.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

h_double posted:

I just wrote a tutorial on Audio Effect Racks.

Comments are welcome.

Here is a nice tutorial with racks and the apc 40 combined with vst controls, its sweet. Another reason why Live8 eats Live7s little bo peep.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
I use Robotronic as my vocoder. It has a built compressor and has a great sound quality. Virsyn's vocoder rocks also.

I use robotronic daily in band practice and it rules. I vocode my guitar a lot.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

squidgee posted:

Or you could always just load the white noise sample that comes in the Ableton library into a Simpler and go hog wild. :v:

I love simpler!

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

chief touching you posted:

Question regarding the APC w/ Live Suite 8 on Windows 7

When I am playing a clip, and I decide to send the channel to one of the sends, how do I control the effects in the send w/o using the mouse? I seem to remember on my mac when I turn press (Send A) on the APC the devices would automatically come up, allowing me to control them. This doesn't seem to be happening on Windows.

That is what should happen. I would reinstall or at least go check preferences and make sure everything is setup correctly. Should work when you hit that button. The knobs should all change to sends from pans.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

I wasn't very clear, I apologize. The knobs DO change from the pans to the sends. What I want is for the knobs at the BOTTOM to control the effects I have setup in the sends. Instead of doing this, they default to whatever device I have loaded into my clip, like Operator, or Simpler.

The problem is the clip selector box that you move around and the track select buttons come defaulted to ignore sends.
The APC40 runs a custom max for live routing that is hidden. Right now you can only midi remap or use a midi translator program or something like that.

You need to change the max for live patch that runs in the background to make the clip selector box highlight sends so you can the hit the track select button for that send. Right now it ignores them. So you can't get the same track functionality

This is one thing that the APC pisses me off about. Hurry up max4live.

However you could make tracks that aren't sends and use them as groups and then put effects on those tracks. It wouldn't be exactly the same but you could get a lot of the same funtionality with a utility plugin on the fake track your using as a send.

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 11, 2009

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

ManoliIsFat posted:

Is it pointing to the directory of all your 3rd party VSTs? "Program files/VstPlugins" i think is the default.

Default is program files/steinberg/ vst plugins in ableton.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

RizieN posted:

Wow....Feel dumb, but can't thank you enough!

That happened to me once it was awesome. Since then I learned to use the program and find that little button useful as gently caress once you get your routing sorted. Then I have room for 10 return track knobs!

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Mandals posted:

Question about transposing:

I write mainly guitar-based music and a huuuuuuge problem I have is that I'll write 20 possible parts, but because some of them are in different keys it is hard for me to tell if they'll "work."

How are Live's transposing tools? Can I apply them to a whole scene and if so, does it stretch the sound to poo poo? I want to try but I'm...I'm scared. What's the best way to get a good sound going?

You have to wait for the new melodyne. Google Melodyne DNA. Live does not have polyphonic pitch bending AFAIK. It just has the standard semitone transpose knob. Also a midi device called pitch which does the same thing. If you could get a midi guitar rig going, you could easily edit polyphonic material that way as well.

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 29, 2009

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Dopo posted:

Actually the standard monophonic transposition tool will work for most of the situations you're talking about. The key here is that you're bending ALL the pitches by the same amount. It will sound like crap beyond a few semitones but it will work for taking a riff from B Major to Bflat Major. You only need that Melodyne hocus pocus to change a B Major chord to a B minor chord for example.

It works but it adds a subtle flavor for sure that really can be annoying in my opinion. Yeah a semitone or two works. I like to transpose things by large amounts

Turning a voice into a roar or a loud rear end car stereo rumble that passes my window and transpose that into chords up high in like C4.

I like clip transpose for someshit like kicks and claps and poo poo for sure.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Lewk posted:

I have a question about drum racks.

If I drop a sample onto the rack's grid, I am assuming it is essentially just putting that sample into a simpler. This works fine with my trigger pads, however not quite how I want it. It's almost like it's in 'gate' mode, where the sample only plays for as long as I hold the pad down. I'd like to just hit the pad and trigger the sample for it's full length, for programming beats. The only way I can see of defeating this is to drop an impulse onto a rack grid, but this seems like it might be a bit of a waste of processing power, plus you don't get the control you do over the sample as with simpler. Is it a toss up between the two i'm going ti have to live with, or am I missing something crucial? Perhaps my mindset to programming beats is wrong.

Look on sampler and change the release time to a however long you need it to be.

You can play a 25 second sample all you got to do is increase release time.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

k0konutz posted:

So I can just make my loop selection and drag it into a clip slot on the track?
(I'd try it out now but I'm away from my home computer)

I've noticed Pro Tools Elastic Time algorithms show much less artifacting (if any at all) when warping time...is it common practice to build loops and time shift in Pro Tools and go back to ableton to launch clips?

Edit: I put the trial version on my work computer...here's where I'm at now:
Got my loop in session view. Copy and paste is disabled, nor do I have the ability to drag the new loop into a clip. I don't want to crop it completely since I want the original file still. How do I separate it from the original and and drop it into a new clip?

Click here for the full 1440x900 image.

Edit 2:
Ah, I just dropped in the same file twice and chopped up the one I needed to create for my loop, so now I have the original and then the loop in another clip. Is this proper workflow? If I wanted to take another sample out of it would I just copy the original as a "template" to a new clip and then make my cuts as needed in the new clip?

Yeah man just make ten original clips at first in one track vertically. Then edit them and rename them for ease of use. Then set those clips up as follow actions in launch options, sequence them live recording into a channel that is set up to resample the master and then chop those into new clips making ten of those in a row and then editing and renaming those, make scenes based on those clips with other tracks lining up the parts horizontally and using the scene triggers to trigger them live.

Just Record the master in a channel while chopping and mangling.
You will mine more gold stuff out of this than any other way.

Also you can right click on your clip once you put in it a slot in the live clip matrix, click slice to midi track. Try 16th notes first.
This chops your beat up into 16 midi slices each in their own instance of simpler in a drum rack. You can reorder the midi and gently caress with the samples all you want then piece by piece. Change the note type and slice mode to get crazy.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

k0konutz posted:

So if it's 1 beat of a pickup, will that launch during the 1 bar wait time before it's actually launched on the next downbeat?

Edit: Also, how do I link timeline and edit selection so that I can drop the cursor on the waveform/gridline and it will play from there instead of moving the playhead?

Make things in full measures. If you need a pick up note in a 4/4 measure record 3 beats of rest and play your part. Really this idea you have is a harder way.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Mandals posted:

So, is the suite upgrade worth it for about $150 more? Bear in mind I have a ton of Reason refills to give me things like Strings, Cellos, etc.

Do you want Analog, Operator, and Sampler? If you don't then I wouldn't give a poo poo.

I would pay 1 million dollars if I didn't have sampler. Seriously gently caress Kontakt.

Now if multi-sets came out in non kontakt formula.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Cyne posted:

Search around on the Ableton forums - I recall there being some pretty comprehensive threads about getting the FCB1010 set up with Live.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=55557
http://bl0rg.net/~manuel/fcb1010-mappings/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yUKWpTQeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTQwAOtSvw&feature=related

You should be straight

google fcb1010 ableton live youtube these are your first 4 results pretty much.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

k0konutz posted:

It's a breeze. While the levels are discreet, you can still get a continuous sounding gradual effect for your sends or pans, etc...
The only thing I don't like is not having everything available to me at once, like with an APC40. Having to switch views to mix or to play my drum rack limits me if i want to launch a new clip at the same time. Additional Launchpads would help, but by then I'd have spent the money to get an APC40...

I do have a NanoKontrol that does help with it, but my MIDI control messages get jumbled often. Is it just cheap or am I doing something wrong? My process seems fine but it doesn't always pick it up correctly or drops the MIDI connection and I have to ride the fader for a bit before it picks up again to the corresponding fader. Could it be a cheap USB cable too?

They're not pressure sensitive.
User 1 mode allows you to control the active(record enabled) drum rack or impulse. I haven't tried it yet with Sampler or any other piano roll, but it works best with the drum rack since the grids are similar.

I use the Nanopad live 2 times a week never had a problem with it at all and I bent a cord inside the mini-usb input dropping with and my xiosynth down 2 flights of stairs when my back pack broke.

gently caress YOU JANSPORT. One broke volume knob one bent mini usb. Everything still works perfect after I popped the knob on and used my old iriver hp-120 mini usb cable.

I never had problems with midi gettting jumbled before. I used 4 banks with one instance of drum rack. I also use 3 more tracks also with 4 banks of 12 sounds each. I switch thru these with just the f keys on my keyboard and the pads scene button.

I want a nano kontrol and launchpad combo badly.

Are you using a hub? what is on that irq in addition to that pad?

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
That guy is a god at ableton live. I wish i was that loving fast. This makes me want to pass out. That sample for the breakdown is the loving cut.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

RivensBitch posted:

That's a really humbling video

ps: posting from the 15" macbook pro that my wife gave me for my birthday, cannot stress how important it is that you beg borrow and steal to get one yourself.

I keep begging my rear end off for a new unibody macbook pro. I was always a pc guy but its just pure class for being onstage and I really want the glass touchpad.

Any windows 7 support for the multitouch pad?

Also my production partner I am opening a studio with uses logic and ableton rewired.

We are planning on composition, editing in live 8, and mix down in logic.

He has a nice intel mac with 4gb of ram and firewire. I thought about just grabbing that generation mac, but the new ones are sex.

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 18, 2009

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

k0konutz posted:

Live 8 hasn't been too unstable for me at all on Snow Leopard. The only thing would be the grouped tracks sometimes not outputting any audio that I mentioned in a previous post...my guess now is that it's because of SL since I haven't heard of anyone else having the issue and I take it SL users are in the minority of Live PHRESH BEAT MAKERS.
I'm glad I didn't know how unstable it was on SL, because I used it for a musical drama production last night to launch songs and ambience and sound fx. It worked well!
Cirque De Soleil also uses Ableton for their shows, I'm curious to find out how

Google gavin whitley for a while. He uses a couple korg micro controls and 2 rain pc's and a tascam gigastudio lol. He is the only guy with the stems from all the beatles masters and he has that poo poo as clips in ableton.

Those clips are worth the same as the royal crown jewels.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Your search - "gavin whitley" korg - did not match any documents.

Your search - "gavin whitley" ableton - did not match any documents.

The third link on google your quotes are loving you over smarty pants.

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Whiteley_Gavin_1099561399.aspx

in case your just lazy

Gavin Whiteley and Cirque du Soleil give the Beatles a reality-bending, spectacular treatment
"After [Beatles producer] Sir George Martin signed on, it was decided that the show would exclusively use the recorded music of the Beatles from the tapes at Abbey Road," says Gavin Whiteley, the veteran keyboardist and sound technician who holds the position of Music Playback Engineer for LOVE."I was chosen because they knew that they would need someone who would have the knowledge and skill of a musician, but the experience of an audio engineer.

"LOVE's musical directors are George Martin and [his son] Giles Martin," Gavin continues.
The Martins continued working up until the show opened, transferring the files to Gavin as they were completed."I captured the tracks from Pro Tools running at 96kHz, 24 bits," he says.
Gavin constructed his system so GigaStudio is triggered by Realtime Music Solutions Sinfonia, a Linux-based MIDI file playback program normally used for Broadway-type shows."It's a very fast system and it offers some very handy tools for manipulating the tempo of MIDI files and creating customized vamps and loops," he says."So we use that tool to play back standard MIDI files that I built in [Apple] Logic.I can navigate the show very easily in Sinfonia, using it to play back the samples coming out of GigaStudio."

To control Sinfonia and trigger samples in GigaStudio, advance to another song, or otherwise cue sections of the show, Gavin uses MIDI controller keyboards; at the time of the interview, he employed an Edirol PCR-M50 as his primary MIDI controller, backed up by a Korg microKontrol, though he plans to upgrade to twin Korg Kontrol 49s.Among other features he likes, the Korgs "have faders, MIDI sliders that I use to control the volume of my 5.1 [surround system].
"I trigger sections of the music and whole songs," says Gavin, describing his nightly role in the production."Sometimes I cue off the stage manager, sometimes off the response of the audience.There are ambient mikes in the house that I use to listen for applause before I move on to certain sections of the show.

"Ultimately, the acts are played out in the same order," says Gavin.
"One of the key features that makes LOVE different from other Cirque shows is the consistent use of SMPTE time code," Gavin explains.
With the show scheduled to run for at least ten years, Gavin and his team need a thoroughly reliable computer playback system â€" and insurance, in case something goes wrong."GigaStudio is great for streaming multiple tracks of audio, but it's a very demanding program, since it works on the kernel level of a PC," says Gavin of his workhorse application.
"To put it in a greater context, today there are five Cirque shows in Las Vegas," says Gavin.
"The only part of the show the music that was not recorded in the '60s is the strings section accompaniment to ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps,'" says Gavin.
"All the drum sounds are taken from the Abbey Road recordings," Gavin continues."Sometimes there are drum sounds from other songs that are laid on top. ‘Octupus' Garden' uses drum beats from ‘Lovely Rita,' for example."

Gavin more than appreciates just how sweet his gig is.
"I haven't actually seen the Mirage vault where they keep their money, but I've been told that the vault that stores the Rain computers and the audio files of the original Beatles multitrack tapes is actually more secure," says Gavin."The monetary value of those files, I've been told, is equal to the Royal Crown Jewels.We have the sole copy of the audio tracks of the Beatles recordings, which have never been heard on their own before.I've heard that there are people out there who would pay great sums of money for that." Why store such precious cargo?"What the audience hears in the show and on the album is a finished product, but to create that mix, some of the building blocks are soloed individual tracks right off the Beatles masters," explains Gavin.

Here is some more sir.
Gavin Whiteley (Las Vegas, NV)

Gavin Whiteley is a sound engineer and music technology consultant, Music Playback Engineer for The Beatles LOVE, and resident Ableton Trainer for Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas. He designs, configures and programs music systems with Ableton Live for such large-scale productions as Cirque du Soleil's Wintuk, CRISS ANGEL Believe, and The Beatles LOVE. As a keyboardist, mixing engineer and experienced Live user, he brings musical training, audio production expertise and live performance experience to his clients and students.

Gavin earned his Master of Music in Sound Recording in 1998 at McGill University, where he studied under George Massenburg. He has recently worked with producers Sir George Martin and Giles Martin, sound designer Jonathan Deans, and film composer Eric Serra. Gavin is the first Ableton Certified Trainer in Las Vegas, has taught at UNLV, and provides training on Live to Cirque du Soleil shows in Las Vegas and elsewhere. He is fluent in English and French.

Gavin is available for small group classes, customized one-on-one training, and on-site or remote consultation.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
I just got invited to be the programmer, live mixing, synth, samples, and the guy who runs the whole band thru live. They got a macbook, live 8, a firestudio tube, and 20 mics for me to use.

I am so pumped. Here is a link to their music.
https://www.myspace.com/downtownhandshake

So anyone have any cool tricks to pull with Live on a live drummer? I want to make some really cool custom effects racks.

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 1, 2010

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

baw posted:

I've been reading through Ableton's forums and it seems like there are some bugs that are downright crippling, like constantly locking up every few seconds and the like. I just ordered Ableton Live 8 Suite in the box last week and I'd like to know which version I'm getting. I sent them an email a few days ago but haven't heard back. I'd be pretty pissed off if I finally got it in the mail and it was so buggy that it's unusable. The internet is pretty slow here so I don't think I'll be able to download any updates for at least seven months.

I upgraded to live 8 suite a while back. Compared to live 7 I had before it has never crashed.

I use it in about 1-2 gigs a week. Not one crash in a few months. Live 8 has been rock solid for me.

I think it's specific hardware configurations. Hopefully you get as lucky as I do.

I honestly have 5 or 6 friends with live 8 and they all have had almost no problems. So, don't worry.

I used the release version for 2 months almost. Then I finally updated to 8.08

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 1, 2010

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

I see you are running Windows

heh

I run windows xp I never crash. Cross fingers!

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

RivensBitch posted:

You couldn't resist the discount ending either?

It's everything I hoped for and more. I'm not sure what to play with first, but for anyone curious, there's absolutely no reason to buy max on it's own if you own max 4 live, max is there in it's entirety it's just living inside of live. Which is awesome.

I was even able to load standard max patches into max after quitting live (max stays open and is fully functional it seems).

What about Jitter functionality? I just wanted use max and a midi controller to run video and do all the crazy poo poo jitter can do live. Does that actually work now? Or do I need max/msp and max 4 live?

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

RivensBitch posted:

Correction - Jitter totally works. I just synched the RGB channels of my webcam input to the RGB color values of my ColorSynth MIDI light fixtures and it's gravy.

to clarify - when editing the jitter patch in max, the preview window is disabled. However when you are done editing, and go back to live, the preview windows works again.

I am buying max for live this week then! thanks man.

I got a new job pays way more. I should have 4-500 a week a for toys! Hello vjing!

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Yoozer posted:

http://www.ableton.com/skibeatz

Was that posted already? Because goddamn is it clever. Completely throws the need for ReCycle out of the window. Would it be too patent-encumbered to create a "Slice to REX" option?

Yeah I am doing this on the other monitor as a write this. Off grid plus mpc swing = really awesome grooviness

This guy has AMAZING PRODUCTION. Listen to his myspace.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

RivensBitch posted:

My wife is going to kill me.

I just bought a launchpad and an akai lpk25.

You're like me. My girl says save that money, and I'm like ,but ABLETON NEEDS THE MONEY TO CONTINUE MAKING MY FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD!

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Plastic Snake posted:

Not free, but Sugar Bytes Effectrix is the best I've found.

Best thing ever. Midi'ed up effectrix is the bizomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

OMGWTFAOLBBQ posted:

Hey, what's the best reverb plug out there? I'm not a fan of Live's native one.

http://www.2caudio.com/products/aether/index.html

http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=163

The lexicon one is seriously nice. I use 2c aether. The interface is HUGE but its major fun.

Check out speakerphone for major shits and giggles. http://www.audioease.com/