Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
As a fellow hobbyist-dabbler I bought Suite when it was cheaper back in March. I don't regret it, and it gives you a heck of a lot to play with - all sorts of libraries and instruments to explore straight away before you enter the wallet destroying world of VSTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I could download them just by clicking on the download button. I was logged in at the time, and I own 11 Suite which was an upgrade from 10 Suite.
They are also under Packs in Ableton itself.

And they appear to work just fine!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I use Scaler 2 for this (vst), but you can't drag a clip into it, so I set the input on the track to that of the one with the notes I want to bring in and just hit play.
It can identify the scale, and then there are a lot of features for helping you with modulation, progressions etc

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
There is a max for live plugin that adds score functionality, i've never used it, but: http://www.computermusicnotation.com/

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
There's the Arturia MiniFuse, I remember they reviewed quite well when they were released.