Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

Scuzzpuck posted:

Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to use my microKorg as a MIDI controller in Live via my x-fi's MIDI ports. Thing is, it doesn't detect the keyboard unless it's plugged in and switched on when the computer starts, which sucks.

There's a similar problem with my USB midi controller, but that can be fixed by quitting Live, switching it on/off, then restarting Live. Using the x-fi MIDI port requires a restart of the whole computer :(

You could probably disable and then reenable the X-Fi through Device Manager to get the same effect. Still a hassle, but slightly better than a full restart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

philkop posted:

How do I run 4 audio inputs into Ableton for live composition and arranging through the session view.

Interface? Mixer? USB Mixer?

I'll be recording and launching stereo guitar signal, vocal mic, hard synth, and one misc mic.

My biggest concern is latency - budget is around 100$ max $200 but it would really have to be worth it.

What do you have now? A mixer will let you mix inputs together before they reach your computer, an interface will have separate tracks for each input on Ableton. $200 will buy you a cheap 4-8 input mixer or a used/cheap 2-4 input interface. Latency with a cheap interface will be 15-40ms round trip or thereabouts.

You have 5 inputs listed also- stereo guitar counts for 2.