Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elder
Oct 19, 2004

It's the Evolution Revolution.
How do you guys like the vocoder in 8? I am thinking about upgrading just for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder
Oct 19, 2004

Kai was taken posted:

Get the demo and load up a preset project, it's called Synth+Vocoder or something weird. I was playing with it the other night, I like it.

But then again I'm not huge into vocoders so I can't make an accurate comparison to other ones.

Hmm, good idea. I'm not big into vocoders either but it doesn't seem like there's any good software ones out there right no so I'm really just looking for anything that works.

Elder
Oct 19, 2004

Rkelly posted:

Robotronic would like to have a word with you. I use it everyday.
http://www.sugar-bytes.com/content/products/Robotronic/index.php?lang=en

Also the one million band akai vocoder is good as well but its ui is kinda weak.
http://www.akaipro.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/1170/tt/5

I used the akai one for a while then yoozer gave me a bug to get all the sugarbytes poo poo.

Abletons vocoder is good too.

Thanks, I will check these out.

Elder
Oct 19, 2004

Computer Jones posted:

I've treated my Nanopad very, very gently since I got it, it's never been thrown in a bag or dropped or whatever.

Pad #7 is now "sticky" and doesn't always work properly :sigh:

I had a couple sticky pads out of the box and Korg was really good about replacing it...how long have you had it?

Elder
Oct 19, 2004

Computer Jones posted:

7 months, and the problem appeared a month ago.

You should contact them and at least see about getting a replacement. I think it's sort of a common issue and the Nanos are so cheap anyway I think they will send you a new one.