Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I installed the ASIO4ALL drivers to get rid of any latency problems. Works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Supersonic posted:

I managed to fix the velocity issue by using ASIO exclusively, but that raises a new question. I have a Focsurite 2i2 and their ASIO driver, but how can I stream a live webcam session (or even just record the video to disk)? With the Focusrite drivers I can have other applications play sound while running Live (unlike ASIO4ALL), but the sound won't register in OBS.

Oh wow, that's great to know. The one application thing was so annoying, now at least I can watch things like Youtube tutorials with Live open.

Or more likely, watch funny cat videos with Live open.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Huh, checking pricing again and I noticed something: I know that when you buy 9 now, you get a free upgrade to 10.

But apparently, judging from the website, that is also the case when you just get an upgrade?

So I currently have 9 Standard, and an upgrade to 10 would be 179€ if I stay on standard and 399€ if I also upgrade to Suite. But when I upgrade to Suite right now, price would be 223€ (20% off from 279€) AND it says I also get a free upgrade to 10.

For 44€ extra that kinda seems like a no-brainer, no?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Earwicker posted:

so you'd be paying once with the money for the update and then again with the labor you provide by beta testing their software.

why would you have to switch to the 10 beta immediately?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
The online authorization didn't work for me, kept forwarding me to an "ableton://"-address which didn't work. I was able to do the offline auth thing, even if I had to try twice because I made a mistake typing in the hardware code the first time.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Claeaus posted:

I have a Casio Privia PX-150 digital keyboard with an USB-output for MIDI. I also have a first generation Push. When I plug in the Push and use that there is no latency and I can use it to play a MIDI-instrument no problem. However, with the keyboard there is a maybe 100-200 milliseconds of delay so then I have to listen to the keyboard speakers instead of Live for hearing what I'm playing and then adjusting all the notes afterwards.

How come there is such a huge difference between the Push and a digital keyboard with MIDI output? And is there something I can do to get rid of the latency for the keyboard?

My guess is this is a driver problem that could be solved by getting some kind of ASIO driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Yeah, sheet music editors are a completely different kind of program. I like PreSonus Notion myself.