Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
I'm having kind of a weird problem with Ableton and a recently purchased M-Audio Keystudio. Basically after recording down a midi track with my Keystudio, when I go to playback sometimes the notes recorded will play, sometimes they don't. Usually they stop playing back after I make a volume or panning adjustment. I feel stupid not being able to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
I'm pretty sure I remember a thread here on ML praising the Behringer FCB1010 controller with the firmware chip upgrade as they way to go for a midi foot controller, but how hard is it to configure it with ableton?

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Anyone have any experience with session drums? I've been looking into purchasing an electronic drum kit and session drums is the way I want to go with it.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
This makes getting an iPad worth something now.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died

Vector 7 posted:

I've concluded that Drum Racks > Impulse. I guess I could see how Impulse would be better for live stuff, but I think Drum Racks are better for studio work. I'm interested to hear other people's perspective on this.

I used to use two Impulse instruments, one to control drums and one to control cymbals. It kind of made sense in my head, but right now I using drum rack in order to familiarize myself with it for whenever I get a e-drum kit and session drums.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died

Vector 7 posted:

Each sample also has it's own device chain, something I don't think you can do in impulse, so you can apply EQ or any kind of processing you need to to each individual sound.

This is why I switched to Drum Rack. I was unaware of this until I watched the Session Drums video.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find some good free acoustic kits(samples)?

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Is there anyway to separate drum rack on export into individual .wavs?

Edit: Read about drag and drop method, I guess I'll have to use that?

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Basically you can drag and drop each pad on it's own midi track, and it copies the midi data for the individual pad.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Is there any reason to hold off on buying a APC40? I know that they released the special edition that was just cosmetic changes, but what is the likelihood of a new model/revision being announced/released at NAMM?

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Take this with a grain of salt:

Anjunabeats Forum Poster posted:

I met an Asus rep at the CES 2012 lunchroom with Ableton 9 installed on an "Asus Ultrabook" if I remember correctly. It was a beta Ableton 9 from the dev's of Ableton for testing on the Ultrabook, but it looked pretty sweet.

I have no screenshots of Ableton 9 but I can tell you what she showed me:

They kept the old design of Ableton with it's interchangeable themes/colors and they've added a new modern interface that just looks more bold and stands out more. New interface uses more Ram obviously but looks pretty drat cool.

Also the new interface mixer view looks very Sonar X1 inspired and it looks terrific.

More advanced midi and audio editing & automation curves.

It's 64 bit, duh, about time. Supports the latest VST builds. Supports Usb 3.0 devices.

Full utilization for modern multicore processors such as 6 and 8 core and utilization of tri-channel and quad-channel ram for Socket 1366 CPU's/mobo's & upward.

Window's 8 ready.

There's really not much new to it other than it's built to be as stable as the OS it is installed on.

Older Ableton projects can be used seamlessly on Ableton 9.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Is anyone here familiar enough with custom python scripting (http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/p/apc-64-40.html) to be able to tell me how to go about turning the scene launch section of my APC40 into clip launch track 9? I've skimmed over the remotescripts blog, and it's really daunting.

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died
Recently two of the faders on my APC40 went to poo poo so I'm ordering new ones, and thought I would share the mouser page incase anyone is looking:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=RS45112A400Gvirtualkey68800000virtualkey688-RS45112A400G

Has anyone ever tried DeoxIT fader cleaner? I was wondering if I should go that route before ordering new faders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1karus
Jan 29, 2006

The Fun Machine
Took a Shit and Died

Plavski posted:

I'm finding it hard to resist the siren song of the Push - is there any news of a Push Mk2 on the horizon that can stay my hand for a while?

There is some light speculation a new model is coming due to the recent flash sale they did for push, but nothing announced officially.