Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JarmerFohn
Feb 17, 2006
?que?

CHRISTS FOR SALE posted:

... Ableton's timestretching capabilities are very easy to understand, you just move the markers to where each beat is and go from there. This is especially great for samples that are played by live musicians who don't have the best sense of rhythm, Live will speed up & slow down depending on the distance between markers.

I haven't figured it out. Ive been working with it for awhile and every time I drop in a live audio clip it automatically changes the tempo and distorts the hell out of the clip. Ive given up trying to warp and then loop live tracks, it never comes out smooth at all.

Thats not to say Live isnt great. I've found ways around that little problem above, but it would be nice if I knew what the heck live was doing to my audio clips.... it would also be nice if i had a comp that could handle more than 3 midi instruments, but thats not changing anytime soon.

magnificent7 posted:

But wait - can you run Live on Windows?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU