Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?
I finished Judas Unchained a few days ago and I just realized the Void Trilogy is in the Commonwealth Universe. Usually, I have to work my fascination in the characters I read about out of my body before I can start a new book. How prominently do the major players from Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained feature in the Void Trilogy? Hell, do they feature at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?

Ortsacras posted:

Although there are some big dogs that haven't yet barked, so I know I'm wondering when they'll show up, not if. I suppose we'll see.

The divide into a new trilogy is a bit artificial - it's essentially a direct continuation of the series, just with a gap (a BIG gap) of time between Judas Unchained and The Dreaming Void.

Indeed. I'm halfway through Temporal now, and I concede that it's as if no time at all has passed. Similarly, I'm eager to hear from some of my favorite players.

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?
The best part is that you could tell he wanted to include more sexually driven plot to Pandora and Judas, but felt the need to restrain himself. I figure he figured he could get away with including more but pretty much let it take over. More than once I just felt remarkably uncomfortable with how often the word cock shows up and often in the violent context that it does.

• Locked thread