Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satone
Feb 10, 2007
Good to the last drop

Bonus posted:

Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space universe is awesome, I really enjoyed all the books that are set in it (haven't read The Prefect yet) except for Absolution Gap. The end just fizzles out and the parts taking place on Hela drag out a bit sometimes, although it's much more character oriented than the previous books, which is really cool, because the characters are mostly interesting, especially Scorpio.
I really wish he had concluded the book by just having the shadows give them some technology with which to combat the Inhibitors or just coming in and destroying the Inhibitors themselves.

I really liked the whole Rev Space Universe, but your right, Absolution Gap sucked. If there's someone out there reading the series right now, waiting to get to A.G., here's the best advice anyone can give you: don't. Skip the book. Don't buy it, don't touch it, don't look it up on Amazon, don't DO A GODDAMN THING WITH IT. Its a terrible ending that will cloud you judgement of the series.

Right now, I'm in the middle of reading Charles Stross' Accelerando, which is a credit to the genre. This guy is awesome.

Satone fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread