Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Miss-Bomarc posted:

They were available?

That's pretty much why I read most of the stuff I read when I was a teenager. I had an endless appetite for trashy SF, and there was plenty of it on the shelves at Waldenbooks and B. Dalton. And the longer the series, the better.

Ho, yes, those were the days of walking into a bookstore (or library) and getting whatever looked most interesting from the shelves. Maybe occasionally even seeking out something because it had had a favourable review in a magazine, although that would be pushing it. Special orders? Maybe once in a blue moon, and it took forever.

Also I had an onion tied to my belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Drifter posted:

I've read the first two of the original Chung Kuo series way back when and thought they were really interesting. It wasn't all action plot all the time, so some people said it got a bit wordy, but I enjoyed the books. The only reason I stopped was that it was hard to find the rest of the series.

If you have enjoyed Game of Thrones at some point, you'd likely also have enjoyed Chung Kuo. I'm pretty shocked reading all the one star reviews on goodreads about this series.

It gets... weird as gently caress in the later books. I don't remember exactly how many I did read but let me say again: It gets weird. As. gently caress.

• Locked thread