Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TagDaze
Dec 21, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I think KJA is best when he's doing ideas that are his own, not working in an established setting like Dune or Star Wars (although I haven't read any of his X-Files stuff, maybe they're good). But I really liked his Captain Nemo, The Martian War, and War of the Worlds: Global Dispatches.

Don't read his X-Files stuff.
I've read two of his X-Files books when I was 12. Even at that age I found it was just not interesting. His style was boring, and he just cannot bring any tension or any form of chemistry in his stories.
But having bought Road To Dune, I figured I'd give the short stories like Whipping Mech and Dune World a chance. It has only reaffirmed that the man should have never touched the story of which I am such an obvious fangeek with his filthy tainted fingers-o'-suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread