Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
A thread about space opera(best genre ever), thanks you jerks now Im going to have to read every book mentioned in this thread.

Also p. much all of david weber's stuff is p. great, I have read a decent number of these other books mentioned but it seems like I have alot to read.

I kinda wish there was a list of Tv space opera's (TVIV needs to get on this) too sadly the only one I can think of now that was any good was legend of the galactic heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

Babylon 5 doesn't count, or you didn't like it?

poo poo forgot about that one... I knew I was forgetting one somewhere its just been so long.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

I mean if you want Hornblower in space, you could always pick up the Alexis Carew series. Because obviously in hyperspace...uhhh dark space electronics don't work so we have to use dumb old cannons, and we move though darkspace with literal sails.

If you mean the big space fleets duking it out, ehh I guess you got Legend of the Galactic Heroes but that reads a bit too much like a history book to me.

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 1, 2017

• Locked thread