Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

TjyvTompa posted:

I just received Alastair Reynolds new book Blue Remembered Earth, anyone else pick this up?

It's the first in a trilogy that's supposed to follow mans evolution over the next 10,000 years or something. I've only ready 90 pages so far but it seems interesting and I have already read all of his other books so I know I like his style.

Decent book although the big reveal at the end of the book was pretty anticlimactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

By far the largest effect it has is that it provides liquidity - that is, makes it easier for you to sell shares if you have some, or buy shares if you want some. HFT also lowers spread - the difference in price between buying a selling a share (the sell price might be $9.99 and buy price might be $10.01 for example).

I hope that doesn't sound too dickish - I think your novel sounds cool as hell, just trying to help with a nerdy detail.

Nah, it's illusory liquidity with HFT spoofing quotes for their own purposes.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

I think Battletech could benefit from a transition to tv, its pretty much Game of Thrones in Space with Giant Stompy Robots.

Have you seen the cartoon?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Yup I've actually corresponded with him via email before. Cool chap

• Locked thread