Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

So I've gotten the sci-fi itch. Every time I get this itch I usually turn to David Weber; not so much the Honorverse stuff, as much as I prefer Empire from the Ashes and Empire of Man. The latter especially because the Mardukans are an extremely fun race to read about; probably one of my favorite 'alien' races truth be told. I really like the premise that the books tell about 'outnumbered but not outgunned' and such.

I did complete Safehold - wasn't all that thrilled with the ending, felt like he's tired of that series and wanted to rush an ending. Too much left unresolved.

I'm thinking of going back and re-reading some of the Starfire books but thought I'd stop in to see if anyone has good alternatives I could take a look at.

Additional question - anyone here like to head over to HFY on reddit? Some of those series are surprisingly good, but it's admittedly getting a little crowded so finding the gems among the rest can be a bit tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread